Saturday, July 13, 2019

Are there work from home opportunities for nurses?


Yes, there are two that come to mind.

One caveat, the pay is greatly reduced as compared to working in a hospital (I checked, but more for myself).

One type of job is an "Abstractor". This nurse is responsible for auditing charts for specific information. One example, I'm a perinatal quality review nurse. That means I have to report to CMS, Joint Comission etc, stats on certain metrics. A simple one is-was baby solely breastfed during the hospital stay? While this might sound easy to figure out, it's not. EHR are a nightmare of rabbit holes, compartments and fragments. The abstractor needs to be able to reliably determine answers to these questions. Then, part of my job is to re-abstract and verify the abstractors work (but just a sample). The company that we work with is called Q-centrix, or Quantros. I'm super ignorant about the machinations of them as a company other than I know the abstractors work from home. And they make about $20/hr here in California. 

Another job I'm aware of is an Advice Nurse. They generally work from home and typically follow a script. They typically need licenses in multiple states, as they generally work for insurance companies who have customers around the country. The company I checked into was paying about $25/hr. This was a while ago, and I don't remember it's name. But putting "Nurse jobs work at home" in as a search should be a good start.

Refer: Tasha Poslaniec



No comments:

Post a Comment