Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Is it wrong that I hate nursing schools and wish nurses/nursing lecturers rotted in hell? What can I do to save my soul after a "nursing" disaster


In addition to the other responses here, I'd like to add a story of mine:
I was part of a class that was accused of cheating (except for the one who told the administration). A fire alarm was pulled by a middle schooler that was on a field trip during our pharmacology final and we had to give our tests half completed to an instructor, who allowed us to go do whatever we wanted, even study, as we didn't know if we were returning later to finish the test. Later in the week were kept after our last final, forced to sign a contract that said that if we confessed to accessing online material to study during the alarm, we can get no higher than a C. If we didn't, they'd investigate and if they found out we had logged into our online education site, we could receive a failing grades and disciplinary action. We also heard that the instructor who was proctoring us, the one that took the tests
was facing possible termination (who also happened to be one of my cohort’s favorite instructors). This instance really set my cohort up to be very distrusting and pessimistic about our program. The program felt terrible, but after talking to other RNs, it seems a lot of people have had to go through some BS to get their BSN.
Now I'm happily working in an ICU. Hang in there. You have to jump through a lot of hoops.

 Refer: Ian Gabriel Garcia



No comments:

Post a Comment