Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Doctors and nurses, what was the most unusual patient code situation you've seen? Did the patient survive?

As an ER scribe, I followed physicians on all calls and recorded the details of physical exam, treatment, diagnosis, etc. One evening we had a lady in her late 50’s come in via ambulance unconscious. Per the history, the patient had been tested at home and found to be hyperglycemic (high blood sugar) so the daughter had given her around 10 units of insulin and called an ambulance (pt was unresponsive). The ambulance arrived and took their own blood sugar reading, which still showed high, so they gave more insulin. Upon arrival in the ER the EMTs were unsure why the patient had not yet regained consciousness, and their blood glucose monitor still showed her as having an elevated reading. Our doctors took their own glucose reading after the hand-off, and the glucose was 8. EIGHT. A normal glucose is 80–120. Low is 40–60. 8 will kill you. Why wasn’t this lady dead? She was on an LVAD. LVAD= Left Ventricular Assist Device. This machine basically pumped her blood for her. In a healthy human a glucose of 8 would have stopped the heart (no fuel) and damaged the brain (no fuel or oxygen). This woman, because she was waiting for a transplant and couldn’t use her own heart, was able to survive because the machine didn’t care about her glucose levels (oxygen kept flowing). 50 grams of Glucose were given via the carotid artery, and she regained consciousness a few minutes later. The doctors mentioned something about the EMTs needing to calibrate their glucose machine… (One of the three scariest things I saw during those 6 months as a scribe.

2 comments:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i recieved through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email--- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have herbal cure for COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITICS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, COUGH, ULCER, ARTHRITIS, LEUKEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Imoloa has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured with his herbal treatment. i really appreciate you Dr.imoloa for bringing back happiness to my life again. thank you so much,friends join me to thank him for what he has actually done for me i pray to you all for a good life and good health, and most especially to you Dr. imoloa Thanks

    I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctors, few months ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the cure of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr imoloa and she drop the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me. I am now here to testify that i am no longer a herpes patient, I have experience a total transformation in my life,for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness. And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all,you can contact him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com, you can still reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098
    CANCER
    EPILEPSY.
    GENPILENCIN.
    HIV AIDS.
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    BREAST ENLARGEMENT...PENIS ENLARGEMENT, H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE HUMAN PAPAILOMA VIRUS HERPES. SYPHILIS. HEPATITIS A B and C.

    ReplyDelete